INSTRUMENT : Saxophones, Flute and Vocals
COLLEAGUES : Ray Chew, Al Turner, Jay Hoggard, Gary Bartz, Bobby Watson, Tom Browne, Gerald Albright, Walter Beasley, John Hart, Michael Carvin, Ronnie Burrage, Carlton Holmes, James Carter, Sherry Winston, Patrice Rushen, Gerald Veasley, Jeff Murrell
• MAR 26 : The South Jazz Club - Jazz Series
Philadelphia, PA (w/Tom Browne)
• MAR 29 : Emmanuel Baptist Church (EBC)
Jazz Vespers, Brooklyn, NY
• APR 26 : The Boulevard, Dover, DE
(w/Carol Riddick + Gerald Chavis)
• New York's Annual Afrikan Street Carnival
• Annual New York Women's Jazz Festival
• Annual Black Women's History Conference
• Kool Jazz Festival
• Greenwich Village Jazz Festival
• Jackie Robinson Festival
• Taste of New York
• Delaware State University
• Clifford Brown Jazz Festival
• Medgar Evers College
• Sista’s Place
• Harlem Jazz Series
• Clement's Place presented by
Institute of Jazz Studies at Rutgers Univ.
• Twins Jazz
• Circles Jazz Lounge
• Warm Daddy's
• Hav’re de Grace Summer Series
• New York 75 Club
• Mary Lou Williams Jazz Festival
• South Arts Jazz Road Tour 2019 with group – Fostina Dixon & Winds of Change
• NBC Channel 31 "Perspective in Jazz"
w/ Dr. Billy Taylor
• TV Special "Salute to Bobby Vinton"
• Performed in Musical "All Girl Band"
• Playwrights Horizon production "Jazz is a Lady"
• Women's International Film Festival in NYC
• Sisterfire Festival - Flamboyant Ladies Theatre Co.
• Many Radio and TV Commercials
• Toured Germany, Austria, Italy, Belgium, France
and the Netherlands several times.
MUSICAL COLLABORATIONS :
Al Turner, Ray Chew
• Recipient of Jazz Road grant, a national initiative of South Arts – currently touring East Coast
• Founder / Exec Director Wilmington Youth Jazz Band in 2004 www.wyjb.org
• Received Christi Award for contributions in promoting the arts in the community
• Outstanding Arts Educator Award from Delaware Board of Education
• Outstanding Contributor Award from Council of Jazz Advocates
• Delaware Division of the Arts Recipient for Established Professional Jazz Composition
• Master's in Educational Leadership, 2008 Wilmington University
• Featured in book Black Women and Music
• Featured in book American Women in Jazz
"The primary thing Fostina projects through her playing is POWER… the power of soul, the power of being whole… it’s all there" ~DICK METCALF (Contemporary Fusion Reviews editor)
"Fostina is proof she knows more about Smooth Jazz than many have forgotten (or never learned). A solid outing that gets right to heart of things..." ~MIDWESTRECORD
"She is a player of impeccable control and skills with highly independent ideas." ~AMERICAN WOMEN IN JAZZ
"Dixon adeptly showcases her virtuosic flair juxtaposing melody and improvisation..."
~ALL ABOUT JAZZ
"This latest album release is pure joy and big fun! Fostina knows how to combine straight – ahead Jazz and Funk in the way that immediately engages the listener ." ~DEE DEE MCNEIL (JazzWordPress.com)